You might be asking yourself, “Why is important to fix my credit file”? The answer is just as obvious as it seems. Do you ever plan on buying a house, a car, a boat? What about getting a new job, lower insurance rates, or even a credit card so you can rent a car or stay at a hotel? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you are going to have to have good credit.
In this post we are going to provide the top 5 quick ways to fix your credit score and how to do it without the help of one of those Arizona credit repair companies. Think of our list as your very own “Credit Repair Kit” teaching you how to restore your credit fast.
1) Without a doubt the easiest way to fix your credit yourself free is to start paying all of your bills on time. It’s that simple! About 1/3 of your credit score is calculated based on timely payments. So if you have been late in the past, stop doing that!
2) Another very simple things that a quality credit repair company does is looking for mistakes. You can do this yourself and for free! Take a look at your credit report from credit reporting services online. Is there anything that you don’t recognize?
3) If any mistakes are found, the next thing that credit correction companies do is dispute all of that wrong information with the credit bureaus. You can do that too and for free! Get their addresses online and write them a letter explaining that you have found things on your credit report that don’t belong there. Be polite but demand that the incorrect information gets deleted.
4) Pay off your debt! A very common thing companies that help fix your credit instruct their customers to do, is start paying off those big balances just sitting on credit cards. Just like on time payments, about 1/3 of your credit score is calculated based on how much debt you are carrying. Are those credit cards maxed out? Get them paid down!
5) The last item on our list of ways to repair your credit for free, is permission. Take a look at all of the credit inquiries on your credit report. Do you recognize them? Did you give permission to those companies to pull your credit? Credit removal companies will always send out verification request letters to the credit bureaus asking for proof that permission was granted before the credit was pulled. You can do the same thing. Again, politely but firmly demand that proof be sent to you. If they are unable or unwilling to provide proof then request that all of those credit inquiries be removed from your report.
That’s it! It’s that simple! If you are tired of saying, “I need to fix my credit score”, then start by following these 5 simple tips and watch your credit score soar!